i want to make a spell that shoots fire as long as you hold down right click, how do i do that?
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Make magic spells using nodes
- Your spell works like a little program that executes nodes recursively
- Drag nodes from left panel into scene (start with a root node)
- Connect nodes using right mouse button
- Unlink nodes by connecting them again
- Use scrollwheel to move around the editor
- Drag nodes back to the left panel to delete them
- Press RUN button in the bottom right corner to open the playground
- Use SAVE/LOAD buttons to save/load spells in active slot
- Switch between spell slots using 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 buttons
- You can also upload spells to server using the PUBLISH button (enter the name in the dialog) and view them using the LIBRARY button
- You can make loops but with timers (otherwise it will start a recursion loop)
- Use right mouse button to cast spells
- Use middle mouse button to switch slots
- Use WASD/Arrow keys to move
- Use BACK button to return to the editor
How do spells work
- Spells always start from the root node (striped circle)
- All actions are instant (except timers and triggers)
- Elemental nodes (fire, water, lightning) change current spell element
- Trigger nodes (collision) only activate upon some event
- Timer nodes delay spell execution
- Simple fireball (Root -> Fire -> Forward)
- Exploding fireball (Root -> Fire -> Forward -> Collision -> Explosion)
- Check other examples in the library screen
- 25/01/2020 Fixed collision bug, added mac and linux support
- 27/08/2020 Fixed some bugs, added loading indicator
Download zip and extract it
Save files location: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\Spells\
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
node idea: activation node: a trigger node that activates when the spell is pressed again.
if done, it would allow you to do things like a fireball that detonates when you want.
game isn't in full screen and there's no way to change it
library is blank :(
Yeah, unfortunately I don't have the library server running anymore. I might get it back up at some point.
How do i make loops
um, its cool, but i dont know what ANY of them mean, i got fire, water, lightning, whatever, and i got forward, i dont know what these others mean
this is a fun game though the engine cant handle me spamming projectiles
Every Time I Jest Join The Game. It Gives Me a Error. Then I Can't Join The Game. Help Me Fix My Game
this looks cool keep up the good work my guy
Tooltips would be quite helpful
Very cool, i just want to know what the "pointing towards circle" nodes do.
Sorry the art is a bit counterintuitive. It's all written in the documentation (at the top). Generally those nodes can interact with other spells in some way. To do this you need to put spell trigger above.
a little late for nodevember but still nice
Cant see any of the nodes also i'm on linux
Updated the build. I cant test it right now but it should work
Will this ever be coming to Mac?
Just uploaded a mac build. I cant test it but I hope it will work.
cool, keep improving this!